Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Still Digging

Yesterday I woke up thinking about oil. I'm still looking for what I consider to be the roots of the many issues we face today. I used to think there was one primary cause. More likely, I hoped there was one primary cause, because that might be reasonable to tackle. Yesterday, when I woke up thinking about oil and pondering whether using fossil fuels and petroleum products was really a root, I was also thinking about Consumerism and Self-Esteem.
I was reading the latest issue of Yes! magazine yesterday and came across an article about The Story of Stuff, which does a better job of explaining Consumerism than I could here. It's about 20 minutes long and worth seeing. It's also been around a while, so it's probably old news to you. If it's not, take a few minutes to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment